Thank you for your interest in the Joan Carden Award in 2017. Here is some information for applicants.
- Q. Do I need to present one new piece at the final stage?
A. Yes, at the finals you should present one piece which you have already sung for the adjudicators, and one which is new. One of these must be by Mozart. Please remember that at the finals, the accompaniment will be an orchestra (see 8. below for details) – no piano will be available.
- Q. If I don’t understand the terms and conditions, or have another query, whom do I contact?
A. Please contact: David Moser, email@example.com
- Q. What is required for a complete online application?
A. Four things – a completed online application form; uploaded recordings; uploaded proof of age (scan of driving license or passport); payment of $30 into the SUGC bank account BSB 082-338 A/c 17 201 7685.
- Q. What should I expect after I have submitted my complete online application?
A. You should receive an email telling you that your application has been received. If you do not receive this email, please contact David Moser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. What is the timetable after that?
A. By the end of May, the outcome of the first round will be announced; 12th August rehearsal, 13th August 3pm, finals.
- Q. Who are the adjudicators?
A. The adjudicators for the first stage are Miss Joan Carden AO OBE and Mr Christopher Bowen OAM. For the finals they will be joined by a third adjudicator, TBC.
- Q. Where will the concert on 13th August be held?
A. In the Great Hall, the University of Sydney.
- Q. What orchestral forces are available for the finals?
A. The orchestra forces available are:
- Violin 1 – 4
- Violin 2 – 4
- Violas – 4
- Cellos – 2
- Dbl Bass – 1
- Flute – 2
- Oboe – 2
- Clarinet – 2
- Bassoon – 2
- Trumpet – 2
- Trombones – 3
- Horns – 4
- Timpani – 1