- Q. What happens to the statistical, financial, and personal information I provide?
A. Privacy. We are using standard web security techniques. We won’t share personal details with third parties. The statistical information will be used only as aggregated data in a report to the City of Sydney after the event. The event is supported by the City of Sydney.No personal information (age, background etc) identifying an individual will be used.
For online payments with a credit card, we use PayPal and we (Sydney University Graduate Choir) never see nor store the credit card details: the payment is processed entirely through PayPal.
- Q. I sent my registration but have not received score yet ?A. Registered singers will confirmation on-screen to let them know that they have successfully registered. If you have paid but have not received your score within 3 weeks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered singers will also be receiving other information regarding the music.
- Q. Is there more detail about what we will be singing?
A. Important: Please see the Music Notes page for full details of what we will be singing, and any amendments for the score.
- Q. When do rehearsals start?
A. All rehearsals are compulsory. Singers must know their parts before we meet for these rehearsals. There will be no time to go over notes. The learning CDs are very important to get all singers up to standard to enjoy the whole experience.
1st rehearsal: Saturday, November 3, 10am – 1.00pm (Soprano/Alto) and 2pm – 5.00pm (Tenors/Basses);at Fort Street High School.
2nd rehearsal: Saturday, November 10, 10.00am – 1.00 and 2.00 – 5.00pm for all choristers; at Fort Street High School. Soloists will join us in the afternoon.
3rd rehearsal: 8.15am on Sunday, November 11 at Sydney Town Hall. We rehearse all morning, take a break from 10:00am, and perform in the afternoon.
- Q. How do I get to Fort Street High School at Petersham for rehearsals 1 and 2?
A. Driving – entry to school carpark is from Palace St off Parramatta Rd.
By bus – along Parramatta Rd to Palace St. Entry to school from Palace St.
By train – to Petersham station and then walk.
- Q. How do I get to Sydney Town Hall?
A. Sydney Town Hall, on George St, between Bathurst and Druitt Streets, is well served by public transport, both train and bus. Please check timetable information at: http://www.131500.com.au/.Sydney Town Hall is fully accessible by people with disabilities.
- Q. Is there any parking at the venue?
A. St Andrew’s House Car Park, adjacent to and underneath the Town Hall has parking. The rates are available on their website: http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wilson-car-parks/nsw/st-andrews-house. There are other commercial parking stations in the area. We recommend booking a parking space in advance.
- Q. What do I wear for the concert?
A. White on top (with long sleeves) and black (long) on the bottom, black socks/stockings and shoes. Black bow- ties for men if possible. If you have a name badge you would like to wear, please put that on too. If you have a small red poppy to wear, please do so.
- Q. How should I cover my score?
A. Scores are covered in black or can be held securely inside a black folder.
- Q. Will there be food and drinks available on the day?
A. There are food outlets nearby. Of course you may prefer to bring your own food and drink. Space will be available at the Town Hall to sit to eat your lunch.
- Q. I want to buy audience tickets. How do I do this?
A. Audience tickets are available through the website: http://sydunigradchoir.eventbrite.com
- Q. I have an audience ticket. Are seats reserved?
A. No; There will be two sections – A reserve and B reserve. All audience seats are unreserved within each reserve section (A or B)(except for seats for a small number of VIPs). For this reason, replacement tickets cannot be issued, so please keep your tickets in a safe place.Doors will open at 2.15pm.
- Q. What is the program for the performance day at the Town Hall?
A. The program will be similar to that below:
8.45-9.15 Placement of choir
9.30-11.30 choirs, soloists and orchestra
12.00-1.00 – choirs, soloists and orchestra
1.00-2.00 – TBA
2.45 choir takes places
3.00 concert starts
4.45 concert finishes
- Q. Can my children come with me and wait while I rehearse in the morning?
A. No. We won’t have a child-minding service available either at Fort Street High School or at the Town Hall. Up until 2.15pm the Town Hall will be open only to singers, soloists, and orchestra members.
- Q. I have registered to sing, but now find I cannot sing. Can I get a refund
A. We do not give refunds. If you (or a friend) can attend the concert at 3pm, you can have an audience ticket (provided tickets are still available) instead of your singer registration. Please contact email@example.com about this no later than Monday 5 November. This option will not be available after that date.No refunds will be given for audience tickets, but they are transferable (and please also see Question 12 above).
- Q. What will I do with my purse and keys while the performance is going on?
A. Please keep valuables to a minimum. You may have a small handbag under your seat if you are in the gallery (a majority of guest singers will be in the galleries). Otherwise, if you are on the stage, keep your small purse or wallet with you.
- Q. Where will I be sitting? Can I sit with my friends?
A. Singers will be grouped together in their voice parts, so if your friends are in the same voice part, that should be fine. The Music Director usually groups the Graduate Choir together. Please note that the majority of guest singers (sopranos and altos) will be in the galleries.
- Q. How do I obtain a concert program?
A. Programs will be available for purchase ($8) at check-in on the day of the performance.
- Q. My question isn’t covered here. Who can I contact?
A. Please email Doug Smyth: firstname.lastname@example.org.